100+ Women of Whatcom is a group of women who cares about the Whatcom community. The group gathers two times a year for a one-hour meeting, and each member writes a $100 check to a charity that the group selects. This combined donation of $10,000+ makes a real impact, without time-consuming fundraising events and planning. We hope you will join us at our next meeting to see how easy and fun it is!
100+ Women of Whatcom is for you if:
- You don’t have time in your busy life to volunteer but have been wanting to help those in need, and you can commit to one hour every six months;
- You are involved with other groups but are interested in meeting other women philanthropists in Whatcom;
- You want 100% of your donations to go directly to a local charity;
- You want your $100 donation to become a part of a larger amount of money by joining together with other women—creating a powerful impact in our local area.
We meet for one hour, two times a year, and each member brings a check for $100.
- Any member can nominate local charities, non-profits, or organizations up to two weeks before our gathering.
- Nominations are reviewed by the Board and all qualifying nominations will be eligible for random selection at our meeting. Three nominations will be selected at random and the nominating member will give a brief (3 minute) pitch about their nomination.
- Members vote and write checks to the organization which receives the majority of the votes.
To join 100+ Women of Whatcom, complete a Membership Form. To nominate a charity for consideration, please read our Nomination Guidelines then complete a Nomination Form at least two weeks before the next meeting. You must be present at the meeting, and be a member of 100+ Women of Whatcom, to nominate an organization.
April 2017 – Date TBD
5:30pm to 6:30pm
The Encore Room @ Mount Baker Theater
Wine and light refreshments will be available